Jun 01, 2020 - COVID-19 - Safe Work Practices
Gordon Russell’s employees, customers, contractors, suppliers and vendors are of utmost importance to us!
Despite changes in schedules and settings, Gordon Russell operations are continuing largely as before. As an essential industry, our operations remain undisturbed and on-site.
Our Management Team would like to inform our customers, vendors and suppliers that we are taking the following precautions during the current worldwide pandemic. We continue to monitor the Public Health Agency of Canada and provincial authorities to guide our ongoing response and will implement any and all measures possible to ensure the safety of our peoples and communities we operate in. Prevention measures have been enacted to limit any potential exposure:
- Encouraging regular vigorous handwashing (20 seconds) and use of hand sanitizer often
- Refraining from shaking hands or any personal contact
- Regular cleaning: disinfectant spray or disinfectant wipes to be used daily on work stations, common work areas, doorhandles, light switches, water machines, coffee machines, shared kitchen spaces, and printers.
- Maintain social distancing of 6’ minimum at all times, staggered lunch breaks, and use remote meeting techniques to avoid face to face meetings
- Limit non-essential visitors to all of our locations and screen them before entry onto site.
- Limit non-essential travel.
- Have employees work from home whenever possible.
- Watch for symptoms: fever, cough, sneezing, sore throat, body aches and difficulty breathing.
- Employee showing symptoms of any sickness are not allowed to report for work and will follow provincial health authority guidelines.
- Regular communication with all employees discussing overall health and addressing any concerns related to COVID-19.
- Financial Support Plan in placeto employees missing work for any reason related to COVID-19
Service Technicians on Customer sites
Our Service Technicians are available to perform work at customers sites that have preventative COVID-19 practices in place. Our technicians will strictly follow al lCustomer site specific and Gordon Russell prevention measures. Gordon Russell prevention measures include:
- Determine site specific COVID-19 measures in place and follow all customer policies and procedures to control the spread of the virus
- Limit site exposure by maintaining social distance, limit unnecessary interactions, travel to and from job site allowed only in a Gordon Russell company vehicle
- Practice good hygiene by washing hands and sanitizing throughout the day
- Ensure service vehicles are disinfected regularly, wipe down and sanitize before and after entering customer site
- All service vehicles will be limited to one person per vehicle
- Supplementary COVID-19 JHA Paperwork
- Technicians to wear face masks when logical while interacting with customers
- Customer not required to sign off on job paperwork
Our Technical Sales teams are working from home, contacting and assisting customers by phone, or remotely conferencing when possible. We are still able to visit site where it is determined that COVID-19 policies are enacted, ensuring the safefty of all parties.
Our Parts Department remains fully operational and is doing their part to keep our customers and employees safe. Any parts sales occurring within our branches our subject to following our COVID-19 safe work practises.
Gordon Russell is committed to operating with integrity with the safety of our customers and staff our priority.
During these challenging and unprecedented times Gordon Russell will do everything in our power to continue supporting our customers.
We ask that everyone does their part to limit exposure and keep us all healthy and safe.
At present, Gordon Russell administrative staff have returned to work full-time.
Gordon Russell Management